Monday, November 16, 2009

I know nothing about Blogging!

For my first Entry, I will use it as a way to introduce you into my thoughts and the many layers of my world. I will also explain my inspirations for starting a blog in the first place.
First let me enlightened you to the fact that I am completely ignorant to blogging. I've never blogged before and I am not even sure what ones purpose is for blogging really. I certainly have no idea who would be interested in reading my babbles of useless knowledge appertaining to my everyday adventures; Other than my close family and friends, when extremly bored and looking to pass the time, or when they are seeking information to critisize me on how I live my life or who I am as a person in general. But hopefully I can find the satisfaction from blogging that I am looking for.
I guess the best way to begin is to start with a history lesson into my childhood, that will ultimately conclude with your understanding of my inspiration for this blog.
My name at birth was Nina Michelle Davis. I was born in Dayton, Ohio at Miami Valley Hospital on the 14th day of September in the year 1986. I am the youngest of my mother and father's four children. I have 2 older brother's and a older sister, sadly none of us as adults are very close anymore. I have to say that this is certainly not a choice I have made nor one I am at all happy about. I am actually quite emotional about this facet of my present. I feel a deep void without my siblings close. Out of every person that has had a significant role in my 23 years alive, my brothers and sister have made the most meaningful and lasting impression. I still in many ways live from the experiences I had being their baby sister. That is probably owing to the fact that they were considerably older than me and in many ways more of parent figures than they ever should have been in the position to be. Nevertheless, I find myself yearning for their insight, guidance, and shoulder to lean on.
My youngest brother, still 5 years my elder, is who I favor and miss the most. He is also the furthest one away and the one I now know the least about. He relocated to England about 5 or 6 years ago and in a sense started his life over and created a family of his own at the same time. He is now married and has 3 children, whom I have never had the pleasure of meeting. This is something i struggle with daily. To be an Aunt to 3 of the most beautiful humans in existence, only to have had the chance to see pictures of them grow. This is painful for me to even write. Holding back the tears that are now filling my eyes, let me get back to the point. Recently Abdullah (my brother) informed me of his blog Islam, My Family, and Me. I began to read his many entries and couldn't get enough. When I read his posts, i feel a bit closer to him and his stranger family. I almost feel as if i am getting to know all of them. i even found great enjoyment in the stories of his pet cat Chutney.
That is why my decision to start this blog was made. I find so much joy in reading about his life and amazing family, just maybe he and others will find the same satisfaction from reading about mine, and getting to know me and my family better. And maybe just maybe he will understand better as to why he means so much to my life and why I am who I am. Why I feel the way I do about things. And how very, very, very much I need him. How much I need him to be my brother.
I also love to write and feel that I could be really good at it. I used to write all the time, it was a way for me to escape the pains of life I was experiencing at that moment. I don't know what ever made me stop writing for so long, but I am hoping this blog will help mend some of the pains I now endure in my life and spark the interest of others.
The next few posts will most likely get you more up to date with my background and how I came to be the person I am today. Later I will focus more on the chaos es of my day to day life and the different daily experiences of my family.
Please feel free to comment, critisize or give suggestions! I want to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment